Whether you’re planning transportation for a wedding, prom or for an important business associate or client, being well informed is the key to having a safe and satisfying ride. To reduce the risk of anew-show, getting poor service, or not getting what you expected, we recommends the following tips before hiring a NYC limo service provider:
- Check references.Choose an experienced, reputable company with numerous references. If a company can demonstrate that they have successfully operated for many years and has a solid reputation for quality and safety, you are probably in good hands.
- Ask for proof of insurance. Operators should be eager to provide proof of valid, current insurance coverage for their fleet. Be aware that some limousine service providers insure their vehicles under a personal auto policy, if at all. Personal auto insurance policies rarely cover the clients who hire the vehicle.
- For service taking you or your party across state lines, check with that state for regulations and compliance. In some states, the vehicle can be stopped and immediately impounded if found not in compliance.
- Seek quality chauffeurs. A professional chauffeur is equally as important to the success of your event as a nice vehicle. Choose a provider that places a high value on the caliber of their chauffeurs.
- Get everything in writing. Special occasions, such as birthdays, weddings and proms, commonly require personalized attention to your specific requirements. The more specific your requirements, the further in advance you should reserve and pay for your limousine. When doing so,insist on a written contract that clearly states all details of your reservation.
- Know your rights. Inquire about the company’s cancellation policy and get a copy in writing.
Look before you buy. If you haven’t used the provider before and time allows, visit the company in person before hiring them. The time to find out what you’re getting is not on the date of the special occasion.